![]() |
| Raccoon damage... |
The good news is that I can now prove that hungry animals prefer planters with sunflower seed shells over planters with just potting soil. There is no bad news here, simply a need to create a plan “B”.
Hopefully the cage around the test plants will prevent further damage and the test can proceed as planned. While there was some root system damage to the plants that were dug up, I will just keep that in mind as I monitor the future growth progress. Besides, if there is any truth to the myth those plants were destined to die anyway...
| Plan B in effect...let's see the raccoons get to my little experiment now!!! |

Very interesting. It seems like it would be the perfect mulch. But I have enough problems with my dogs eating the hulls that I'm sure I don't want to bring in the raccoons! Then I'll have the dogs chasing the raccoons....my garden would look a lot worse than your pots! I will follow your experiment to see the outcome. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete