![]() |
| This innocent looking critter has Super Powers! |
Believe it or not, I was in the yard filming squirrels trying to beat a new squirrel proof product when I heard an unusual sound - BAM!!! I looked around and there it was, off to my left, on top of one of my feeders. Yes, my feeder, with a large metal baffle properly mounted on a tall pole and placed far from the trees, had a squirrel on the top of it, staring straight at me. Surely the squirrel did not do what I think it just did. The nearest tree is too far away.
I came out of my camera blind and walked toward the feeder. The squirrel jumped off and casually strolled back into the woods. What a lucky jump, an accident, a fluke - but just in case it happened again I pointed my camera in that direction. As soon as I set it up, the squirrel climbed back up the tree, looked at me and jumped - BAM! - perfect landing again. Wow, what a jump! Then I thought I heard the squirrel saying, “You don’t have an answer for that, do you mister hotshot squirrel expert?” I went inside and let the squirrel eat.
I know it has been a while since I posted a blog. I was using the excuse that it is “fall slowdown” time and there is not much going on. The reality is I have been afraid to go back outside with super squirrel on the loose...

For the first time in 5 years, a squirrel has breached my pole feeder and raccoon baffle. I haven't seen how he got in my tray feeder but I'm assuming it was much the same way as your super squirrel. He had to have sailed down from a tree... bummer. I just hope he doesn't show his friends how he did it.
ReplyDelete