Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Abracadabra


Each fall as the leaves are performing that old magic trick, "now you see it, now you don’t," the bird nests in the very same trees are reversing the old trick with, "then you didn’t see it, now you do."

As the leaves vanish from the trees around us, the bird nests appear. This one is in my front yard. I walked under and around it all summer but never saw it. It must be magic because there is no way that I, as attuned to and observant of nature as I am, could have missed this one.

The birds spent many days coming and going hundreds of times just to build that nest. Then, there were countless trips in and out of the nest to feed the hungry babies. I never suspected or saw a thing. Now that the birds don’t need the nest and there is no reason to hide, abracadabra, it appears. When it comes to the birds, there is a little magic in every season.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! I liked the poetic way you used to explain such a simple fact. I went through some of your posts and I learnt some interesting things about birds!!thanks for sharing!I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing some of your posts on Glipho? It's a new social blogging network which aims to promote the writing of its users and to build their audiences, where you can connect to every social network accounts. I bet that our users would love to read your stuff!

    Glipho is a new social publishing engine which allows users to quickly upload their content, being able to import the posts from your blog in a super-easy way without affecting it at all.

    Please, have a look and take a tour to know more about http://glipho.com/ and if you feel like it, in one click you can set up your account!
    I hope you will join our Glipho community soon

    All the best,

    Maite

    ReplyDelete