Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I will be birdwatching most of the day. We are, obviously, having turkey for dinner, and my plan is to watch that bird all the way from the refrigerator to leftovers! I find it interesting that I feed and watch birds all the time, but I never really think of turkeys (or chickens) as birds. Of course, there are not too many wild chickens out there, but there are a good number of wild turkeys in the metro Atlanta area!
Two years ago I had a small flock of turkeys visit my feeders every few days for a month. Turkeys are fascinating birds, and I really enjoyed their visits. And they taste pretty good too...
*Editor's Note - Richard is being funny. No harm came to these turkeys and he certainly didn't eat any of them. Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment