The only thing bad about going away for awhile is having to come back. We saw so many birds on our trip that we do not see around here! Central America has a lot of distinctive, colorful birds and it was fun to see them but I admit that I did miss my backyard feeder birds. My regular customers that come to my feeders every day are not, in general, as large or colorful as many of the rain forest jungle birds but they are my birds.
Speaking of my birds, where are they? I did not see one single bird, or squirrel, this morning before leaving for the office. Earlier I wrote about the normal fall slowdown in feeder activity but this is ridiculous! Back then I was thinking feeder activity would be a little better by now. Again, my thinking and nature’s plans are not quite in sync. This may be one of the better fall seasons for abundant natural foods and therefore one of the worst for attracting birds to feeders.
I’m not sure I want my neighbors to see me on the back porch calling "here birdie, birdie, birdie", but I’m ready to try anything.
Speaking of my birds, where are they? I did not see one single bird, or squirrel, this morning before leaving for the office. Earlier I wrote about the normal fall slowdown in feeder activity but this is ridiculous! Back then I was thinking feeder activity would be a little better by now. Again, my thinking and nature’s plans are not quite in sync. This may be one of the better fall seasons for abundant natural foods and therefore one of the worst for attracting birds to feeders.
I’m not sure I want my neighbors to see me on the back porch calling "here birdie, birdie, birdie", but I’m ready to try anything.
| Jabiru Stork - Belize |
No comments:
Post a Comment