I have not put fruit out for the birds in awhile. I know I should, but it's the holiday season and there is shopping to do, cards to send, family to visit, and thankfully it is a little busy at the stores this time of year! The fruit basket reminded me that this is a great time to do just that. A few grapes, a slice or two of orange and maybe a little apple. I should easily be able to spare that much for my feathered friends.
![]() |
| A wintering Baltimore Oriole enjoys some juicy grapes! |
There are several fruit feeders at the store but my favorite is the Fruit/Oriole Feeder from Erva, shown in the photo above. It’s very solid, functional and proudly American made. You can also present fruit on a platform feeder or in the seed tray of your tube feeder. I know the birds will appreciate it any way it is served!

Beautiful photo of the Oriole! I am enjoying reading your posts. And yes - it is too late - you are already showing the signs of being a crazy birder. Takes one to know one. Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteI would love to attract Orioles. Are they still wintering in Georgia?
ReplyDeleteOrioles do winter in Georgia, but mainly along the coast or in the southern portion of the state. A year or two ago an employee had a wintering Baltimore Oriole in Roswell. We have not heard of too many this year.
Delete